Hilti Outperformer - Our Global Management Development Program
Do you have what it takes?
Do you see yourself as a future leader?
Do you have the desire to live and work internationally?
Do you have the passion to make a difference and the drive to go the extra mile?
Do you have a recent Master's degree?
Are you fluent in English and another language?
Hilti Outperformer could be the fast-track career starter you're after!
Real responsibility from day one
Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other. Over a two-year period, we'll prepare you for a global leadership career by putting you right at the center of our customer-focused business model and giving you full responsibility from day one.
Yes, it's fast paced and challenging. But we'll closely coach and mentor you while broadening your experience through a range of international management projects and an impactful social project. You'll also get the support you need to learn, grow and carve your own career. Aside from enjoying an incredible experience and making friends along the way, you'll gain a qualification from the top-ranking IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland.
You can follow the journeys of existing Outperformers on our dedicated site.
Are you curious about what our trainees say about the program? Do you want to read about their experience in the field? Are you thrilled about the projects you might be doing in different parts of the world?
Step inside "Outperformer moments" and experience this and much more. Get in contact with our trainees and let them share their personal story with you!
Why you’re perfect for the program
• You've recently graduated, or you're preparing to graduate, with a Master's degree in economics, business administration, international management, engineering, marketing or finance.
• You're striving for a career in global senior management.
• You are a multilingual talent, fluent in English and at least one other language.
• You have gained international experience through your work or studies and have spent between 3 months and 2 years in a professional environment.
• You're mature and assertive, curious and dedicated.
• You’re a flexible team player, with good communication and social skills, and you can inspire others.
• You're a global thinker, keen for diverse cultural experiences and the opportunity to work abroad.
What our program looks like
Hilti Outperformer is a two-year program. From the start, you'll be working with colleagues from around the world, gaining exposure to senior management as well as your own personal mentor. This means joining meetings with board members and attending global summits as part of a high-performing team. You'll be given a variety of roles, learn about meeting the needs of our demanding customers and get involved with some high-profile, business-critical assignments.
During your program, we'll prepare you for a global leadership career through a variety of fascinating courses and events:
• Leadership development program – a comprehensive learning journey with IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland, designed to expand your thinking about Hilti and your role as an emerging leader. Covering a wide range of modules, like Strategic Thinking, Finance, Execution and Global Leadership, it's a combination of online, classroom and outdoor training with a qualification from IMD.
• Business management training – individual training at Hilti. A focus on behavioural profiles, personal strengths, leadership styles, communication skills and presentation tools.
• Global summit – 4-5 days at our global headquarters in Liechtenstein. You'll get to meet other trainees from around the world and together you will work on your soft skills like situational leadership, international teamwork, networking and culture.
• Social project – 7-8 days 'building a better future'. A hands-on community project like our recent house building in Bosnia. Between laying bricks, you'll learn how catastrophes such as war, famine and natural disaster can affect people and business in a region.
Throughout your program, you'll discuss your next roles and locations with your mentor and regional program manager. This way, you'll get the best possible exposure and understanding of the business.
Overview of the Outperformer Management Development Program (Business Track)
"You have access to the most senior leaders at Hilti - to the executive board and to the top local leaders too. It really helps with developing your own career, as you can find out about all the different roles and paths they've taken.”
- Aidan, Business Global Trainee
Overview of the Outperformer Management Development Program (Finance Track)
“Both personally and professionally I value the diversity of different cultures – being able to travel and work with people from around the globe. The Finance Outperformer program has allowed me both of these opportunities, and many more.”
- Ryan, Global Finance Trainee
• Click on 'Apply now' below, which will take you to our online application system.
• Choose a country. You must be fluent in the local language and hold a permit to work there.
• Upload your CV and letter of motivation.
• Also include any references, such as letters of recommendation from universities, internships or professional experience
• If we think you're suited to the program, we'll invite you for a first round of interviews with HR.
• You'll then be invited on a 'field ride' to experience a day in the life of a Hilti account manager or field engineer.
• If this goes well, we'll invite you to a regional assessment center.
• Along the way, we'll be clear and honest with you about your progress, so you'll always know where you stand.
• If successful, the starting date of your program will depend on the region and your availability.
"Hilti Outperformer gives driven young people a unique combination of direction and freedom to carve their careers. We'll give you lots of responsibility from very early on, along with opportunities to experience different cultures and discuss your next steps. Our global trainees have a lot of fun too. Whether it's building houses on our social project or skiing at weekends, they form a deep bond, like a big international family."